Calligram

 

    The calligram project was one that definitely challenged me a bit. I created it with Adobe Illustrator, using the text tool and vectorizing the font to shape it however I needed. I used a selfie of myself and outlined specific shapes like different sections of my face or hair, and then formed the text to fit that shape. I filled the sections with words and phrases from a letter I wrote to my future self as well as other things that I feel represent me. I also used the dropper tool to extract the exact color from the original picture and apply it to said text. It took me about six hours split up over the course of two or three days. I had never done anything like this so it was definitely a challenge for me, but it was really cool to see the finished product! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to Future Self

Animation

Audio